All you ever wanted to know about the ERD…
Ever wondered what social protection actually means and how it works? Curious for the lowdown on the findings and recommendations of the latest European Report on Development (ERD)? Are you a little vague on what the ERD initiative is all about and what it seeks to achieve?
Then, you’ve come to the right place. A new series of fact sheets explains all the ins and outs of the ERD and related issues. The first three fact sheets cover the following questions:
- What is the ERD initiative?
- What is social protection?
- What does the second edition of the ERD recommend?
Future fact sheets will deal with a plethora of issues, including:
- Does Africa need social protection?
- Can Africa afford social protection and the importance of political will?
- The current state of play of social protection in sub-Saharan Africa
- Social protection success stories
- Opportunities for expanding and scaling up social protection in sub-Saharan Africa
- What the EU can bring to the African social protection table
- What sub-Saharan Africa can learn from the experiences of other developing countries
- The place of social protection in EU development policy